Saturday, May 14, 2011

{Snips & Snails}

I recently got a sewing machine. The first one I can call "mine". I have been wanting one for a few years, but afraid of getting wrapped up in another hobby. So, after some inspiration and motivation to make some baby gifts for my sister's upcoming baby shower...I did it. I put together {with some crooked seams} a car seat cover and a matching blanket. Its not perfect, but it was made with a lot of love!



After I was feeling confident with sewing projects, I became even more brave! I decided to make another set for a gal whom I was throwing a baby shower for! It was much easier on my nerves putting it together for a second time {and even better for a third, I had to make one for my own sweet baby c}

For the baby shower, I was in two weeks of prep time, using my cricut to make signs and banners to go with the puppy dog theme!
{Boys are made of Snips & Snails and Puppy dog Tails}


Cupcake toppers aren't a new party decor, but it seems they have certainly been reinvented. I'm regretting not getting a better picture of the cupcakes, so you'll have to squint to see the different toppers!
The fun clothes line always makes for a "baby" touch! What it really says to me is, "Hello Laundry pile!"
Diaper cakes can almost be the main attraction with the right embellishments. This one was a very beautiful centerpiece! I had no part in this, but so glad some wonderful friends put it together.
"Its A Boy" Banner was fun to create, I love the cricut just for making these puppies!! Ha, no pun intended!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Your sewing projects turned out GREAT! That party was also super cute!!! I want to make banners for L&L's first birthday. Do they still have places in town to cut paper (like pebble in my pocket)?